Who should I see?

Is a GP the best person to see?

Traditionally, a doctor was the first port of call for most health concerns. This is no longer always the best option, so it is worth spending some time considering who in the wider health care team is best placed to meet your need. NHS Inform has a wealth of information about how to self manage many problems, and has a helpline where you can speak to an advisor for advice. You can also refer yourself directly to many services:

Please click on any topic for detals of how to access help directly
Eye problemsBack & muscle pain (muskuloskeletal)
Dental problemsAnxiety, stress, low mood and emotional problems
Foot problemsHousing, benefits and money problems
Coughs & coldsAlcohol and drug addiction problems
Sexual healthIssues affecting young people
Termination of pregnancyDomestic violence




NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website